How To Age Tarot Cards

Hi Starlights!  This post is about making your tarot deck look older and more vintage.  Now why would you want to do this? For me personally, I just like the way they look better!  Period.  My Tarot de Marseille deck is incredibly shiny and white, looks so new and seems really plasticky if that makes sense.  I like a more vintage, used feel - I don't know I guess it seems more authentic and accurate if my deck looks like this.  That's just me and if you're like me then keep reading.

 This is a card from my Marseille deck.  It's beautiful but not what I want.  So after working with it, it looks like this now:




 I've read many things on the internet of how to go about doing this, but I had something else in mind.  I had something lying around in my house that I thought might work.  And it did!  To my liking at least.  I'll explain how I did it, which was SUPER EASY!

I used a liquid wood touch-up.  It's ideal for hardwood floors or furniture and comes in different wood colors.  Mine is a medium brown.  I applied a small amount to a crumpled napkin and smeared it on to the card, sloppily.  Yes, that's all I did.  It dries in seconds so you have to work fast.  It doesn't leave a smell and is permanent.

This is my workspace.  Pretty simple right? Let's take a look at the "after" pics:



Then I trimmed the borders:

 It's not the best job but it's perfect for me!  Let me know what you think and if you tried this out! I'd love to hear from you 

-Sara xo

Comments